Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Beauty of it All

The Mountain from Terje Sorgjerd on Vimeo.


We live in a beautiful world. It's sometimes hard to see and it's easily forgotten, but seeing a video like this has to remind you. When you see beauty like this that reaches into your very soul, how can you deny that something is not in charge of all of this? No matter what evolution has taken place, nothing can explain this. When I see videos like this, I get goosebumps!
It also makes me so restless. I'm sitting in my bed in Bloomsburg, when there is this going on in the world? What am I doing? What am I missing? How do I find that boldness within myself to go out and search for beauty like this? The thing about it is though, I think I need to go "looking" for beauty, when really beauty is all around me. It's in the moments of laughter you share with friends and the single moment where you look around you and think, "life is good."
Don't get caught up in it all. You don't owe society anything. Be your own person. If you can't find beauty around you, make it! This is our life. "Decide what to be, and go be it."

No comments:

Post a Comment