Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Afraid of What We Feel

Recently I had a conversation with a friend about the increasing rate of divorce in America. We discussed how Americans have a consumerist mindset, which leads them to the idea that people, like items they buy at Wal Mart, are disposable. Use them, throw them away. These items, however, are not being sent to the landfills, they are recycled.
They are put back onto the streets where they become tactical beings with nervous and unidentifiable feelings of love and loss. I have realized that people in general, however, are becoming more and more afraid of what they feel. I think it is partially due to the fact that people have so many options these days. The boy you marry is most likely not going to be the guy that you've known since you were a baby because your dads were fishing buddies. It's a big world. People move and grow and with all of the world out there changing with them, how can they be expected to stay with one person?
I'm a firm believer in the idea that one person cannot expect one person to fill every desire and wish in their life. People need to experience friendships and learn something from everyone, not just their chosen spouse or partner.
I'm such a rambler. I guess this is basically my thoughts for today.
Oh, and this thought popped up in my head about 20 million times: I WISH I WAS DONE WITH HIGH SCHOOL.
K, thats all. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment