Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family

Today I spent the day with Jessica in Carlisle. It was quite eventful! We went tubing for a couple hours and then climbed at this gym called the Climbnasium for three hours! My arms are so ridiculously sore, but it was definitely worth it. It was so, so fun! I think I could really, really get into it! I just need shoes and then I'm going going gone! Haha.
Anyway, while I was tubing today and hanging out with Jessica I realized that I've been having all these issues about how I feel like I can't relate to my friends and they really don't ever understand me fully, but the best part about family is that they really do understand you so well. Everything i've been thinking about life and love and the whole world Jessica just understood and could relate to. There is this one quote that says, "To be great is to be misunderstood." I don't want to believe that. I want to be great and do great things, and I plan to, but at the end of the day knowing that there is someone who understands you and supports you is much more important than being great, for me atleast. If I had to choose between greatness or being understood, I'd choose being understood every time. If you're great, and no one understands you then you have no one to share all of your joy with anyway, so what's the point? Just find someone to love you. Love is what makes life worth living.
"I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough." -The Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment